Tuesday, December 20, 2005

*groan*

Why must dating be so difficult?

I have determined (and I'm not sure if I've written it here or just said it to a million people) BUT I am so much happier when I'm COMPLETELY single or COMPLETELY committed.

First lets tackle being single.

It is a happy time. You depend on yourself, you have no expectations, you don't want for phone calls or wonder if you should call. It's a complete and utter DRAMA FREE time where you don't pick yourself apart.

When you are committed, atleast when I am - you're happy. You're in loooove. You get to cuddle and watch movies and go to cool places. You don't worry that you've called too much or too little. You know that your partner finds you attractive, and witty, and likes your personality as much as you like theirs. This too is a happy time.

DATING.

You are going from single to maybe attached. You meet someone outside your circle of friends. You have to call them, they have to call you. You have to get to know them. You either like them or... you don't.

When you don't:
You can either tell them, ignore them, play nice, fade off - I HAVE TRIED EVERY FREAKIN TACTIC IN THE BOOK! For some reason I must treat the men I don't want amazingly because they never leave me alone.

When you like them:
You don't know if you're calling too much, you don't know if you should accept every invitation and seem TOO available (god knows that's annoying when guys to it to me), you don't know if you should be upset if he doesn't call, or he calls too much or AHHH!! I HATE IT!

Someone needs to invent the instant relationship.

Some kind of sign or something that tells you if you're completely compatible with someone so these stupid games and etc end. Like a little necklace that lights up when you are attracted to someone and are actually interested. Then there would be no more faking, and if you lost interest you could just say: "oh oops... my light went off, see you later!" I dunno...

I effing hate dating.

It's raining men and the one I want isn't responding, how the hell does that happen?

So now I'm stuck being nice to all these losers - actually I think I'll post another blog about this, more developments are occuring as I speak.

Did I mention I hate dating... grr

1 comment:

Jenn said...

"oh oops... my light went off, see you later!" As I type this comment, I'm patenting the design for the necklace (perhaps also a ring, much like the ever popular Mood Ring, and a braclet) and i'll even cut you in on my Billion$ cuz you're f*ing BRILLIANT!!!

Gawd i hate dating too...the worst.