Friday, January 26, 2007

89 days

We have hit the 80's. :)

Today my path teacher scared the crap out of us talking about the upcoming world cricket match being held here in good ol' antigua. The government has decided it's going to implement a temporary sales tax of 17% for 3 months. Shocker, that'll be right when all the tourists start coming. They're estimating over 50,000 people planning to attend 8 sets of matches. The population of Antigua is currently 79,000.

I hope the island doesn't sink.

So he advised us to stock up on gas, food, etc etc etc. They're even planning tests around the 10 day period where games are going to be the worst. He advised girls to get guyfriends to sleep over in case there were robbings, and asked us please please please not to go into town.

All that talk freaked me out just a little... but I kinda still want tickets to see the world cricket match.

I'll never have that opportunity again y'know?

No comments: