Thursday, April 13, 2006

The thief, the liar, my friend?

Making friends in a place away from home has proven to be quite... difficult.

You go somewhere new, surrounded by what seem to be edjucated, adult individuals, yet slowly overtime their real character comes out.

I have few close friends on this island. Within my first month here someone stole my IPOD from class. AWFUL I know. I was stuck on this god forsaken, 10 x 10 mile island without *gasp* my music!

I don't really want to go into the intrinsic development of this theory, but signs led me to believe my best friend on the island was the theif. I felt horrible for suspecting her, I put my doubt aside.

Today I took my anatomy final. The clinical was hard... the clinical is always hard - the lab was easy... the lab is always easy. For the first time I went to lab furing the first group instead of my usual second, wanting to get home early to study for my histology exam tomorrow.

I get a call when I get home - my best friend - "I need you to tell Dr. x that you saw S give me her clipboard for lab"

Apparently best friend was caught with a clipboard with all the answers for lab written all over it... she placed blame on S stating that S gave her her clipboard after the first session lab and BF didn't realize it.

...

I don't believe her.

I think she cheated.

I only think this because I still think she might've stolen my IPOD.

I still feel bad for thinking this.

*sigh*

The study buddy is back - must go back to work. - will vent more later

9 comments:

Galactichero said...

"Thief," BTW, not "Theif," which might conceivably be some nordic guy's name.

Don't you people have an honor code? If you think she cheated, don't you HAVE to report it? And if you lie for her, aren't you a cheater too? And a liar?

No indication you came forward as of yet, just thought I should point that out...

Nic said...

Yes well, she's already been caught - I'm just biding my time trying to get close to my IPOD

I was no where near campus when she was caught, she'll never prove her story... she's playing the pity me card

Galactichero said...

Try campus police yet?

Nic said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I guess I havn't described Antigua well enough.

"Campus" isn't like a campus back home... it's 2 buildings, and "campus police" consists of a security guard who sits on his ass outside one of the classrooms and checks out girls as they walk up and down the stairs in their skirts. But when it first happened he said he suspected that girl. I said he was crazy since I never thought a friend would do that.

I am an idiot

Galactichero said...

So I reiterate... Try campus police? At a minimum he may be able to stop and take a look at the much-anticipated serial number.

Nic said...

I ran to him when it first happened, he called the police, and they never came.

Antigua doesn't work like america. He can't do shite.

Galactichero said...

Just a suggestion. I prefer elbows anyway, and at least you know the police won't do anything...

Nic said...

No I stay far from the police here. Not only are they corrupt, but in the past month 4 american women have been followed home and raped - apparently by police officers.

No no no, I think I'll take the elbow route. Not to mention my accomplice is an ex army sniper... she'll help me kick butt

Galactichero said...

The problem with snipers is they usually prefer guns, which precludes the use of elbows.