Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Fried chicken anyone?

"Effective March 7th, all personal items that AUA students and faculty bring into the island will be subject to a customs tax. This means that at the airport, customs officials can and will appraise your items like laptops, text books etc. and tax you based on the type and price of each item.

There's also an additional environmental tax on certain items (like fridges and microwaves).

For the past two years, AUA students and faculty were exempt from this tax but a recent cabinet meeting has changed all that.

So, you might want to have cash on hand if you are flying back into the island."

As if this island hasn't sucked me dry yet... these greedy bastards fucking do this. You'd think with all the fucking custom's "taxes" we've been subject to, antigua could have i dunno... roads that are DRIVABLE, people who DIDN'T live below the poverty line, more than ONE hospital for the 80,000 locals on the 10x10 sq mile island... but no

These fucking greedy bitches will decide to charge us based on how much they want to stick in their pockets. Pieces of shit. Then they'll go eat more fried chicken.

Fuckers.

I hate corruption.

3 comments:

Galactichero said...

Nyaah Nyaaah!!

Hey, this is an insensitive question: Why Antigua? Why not ... Brazil, Canada, THE US for med school? My parents did it in France, but that was France. Yer on some random island and shit...

PinkBunny said...

It all sounded so cool when we first heard about Antigua from Nic. I guess it's all hype until you live there. Sucky!

Nic said...

I blame my friends and my tag along freakish nature. They were coming, and without researching it I decided I was coming too..

It was all very last second.