Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Day 1

LM told me "It takes 21 days to build a habit, and 21 days to break one."

With that being said this is day one. I gave him his xmas gift, which he loved on Sunday. Yesterday should have been day one, but he stupidly called me and I got these butterflies... and long story short. Today is day one.

I will break my habit of him.

I'm doing better. I had a date on saturday, very nice guy. Not sure if I can jump into anything right now, but he seems like a very down to earth, fun guy. If I'm not ready, maybe I can be his friend?

Let me back up:

This past thursday he dropped off my xmas gifts. I got a woobie, a book on wine, light blue satin sheets, and a ring from tiffany's. I'm nosy, and sneaky, and still very jealous... soooo I go to ebay, find his name, and figure out he not only bought me something from tiffany's... but something else from tiffany's for someone else. *sigh* so the "specialness" of my gift - per say - is now gone. But I guess it's the thought that counts. It's my door prize for fucking KP. I never called to say thank you. I thought he didn't care.

He did.

I wake up to about 10 text messages saturday morning that compiled go something like this:
"Merry christmas... since your not going to give me my gift can i at least get my jeans if your going to be cheap and u never... and it too much to sew them. drop them off or put them in the mail. I will pay the postage of drop them off at my neighbors or my truck. dont be a chris and hold my stuff against me...how fun you have turned this... i love that you told me that i am like him when your the tight ass that wont give me my pants... i am thedevil......................."

I wrote him back something harsh and he wrote me back and apologized, said he was upset that I didn't say thank you. Long story short he confessed he cared what was happening, and didn't understand how it got like this, blah blah blah - that he needed to figure things out. I told him to take whatever time he needed, and when he came to whatever realization he thought he needed to come to, to give me a call, and we get coffee or go to dinner or something.

He got his gift sunday. I got a lot of hugs, and catch up talk. He kept taking my picture, he loved the camera. Very awkward goodbye... I was quite and cold I guess, I just didn't want to see him.

He calls me randomly yesterday for directions: WHY!

But this is all pointless - basically this is day one. I'm doing well. Agreed to meet the guy from saturday tomorrow after I do happy hour with the girls. I don't think about him as much, but I do miss him.

I'll get over this. I'll read this later and see how pathetic it sounds. :) But I'll be stronger and wiser, and I couldn't ask for more.

No comments: