Saturday, November 25, 2006

Please stay to the outside of the parked cars, or I WILL hit you

The streets of St. John's Antigua are tiny. They're tiny AND people park on them which makes them even MORE tiny. They're tiny, people park on them, AND there are no sidewalks - which means that an already small shitty road is used as a parking lot, sidewalk and a main road.

With that in mind:

The other day while driving from Jolly Harbour to the north of the island... I tapped a girl with my sideview mirror during traffic. She squealed quite audibly and I kept going forward.

30 seconds later after my roomate and I had exchanged the "oh my god what happened" looks, we both had a fit of uncontrollable laughter that lasted for about 5 minutes.

So hear me out:
The girl knew there was traffic, and instead of walking on the outside of the parked cars was walking along the inside so cars would have to avoid HER in a defiant typical Antiguan "I am better than you" fashion. I feel she deserved the tap with the sideview mirror... and every time I think about it I still laugh.

I am a horrible person

7 comments:

Galactichero said...

You also appear to have admitted to a felony.

Nic said...

there is no law in antigua

i just thought about her squealing again and laughed. What is wrong with me!

Galactichero said...

Moral bankruptcy

PinkBunny said...

I posted here with my other account. My super-secret-bunny-hero status is at the mercy of Nic now. I'm losing my touch.

Anyway, I had a story to share:

I once almost ran over my drunken friend after I dropped him off. I found it ridiculously funny. I'm sure he would've too.

I can see how that girl squealing would be funny. I guess my morals don't cover bumping people. Shame on me.

Nic said...

muhahahahahaha

speaking of hero's, does anyone watch that new series "Heroes"?

soooooooo addictive.

Galactichero said...

I tried. It bores me.

PinkBunny said...

I love that show! It's my new addiction.

Yatta!!!