Tuesday, September 05, 2006

inflamed lymphatic? I hope so...

I was taking off my shorts, preparing for an awkwards night sleep on the couch (the parents and sister + friend were visiting) when in the dark my nail brushed against it.

"OW!!! - dammit, i got another ingrown hair."

*tangent*
Have I ever mentioned how much i HATE shaving. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I am a waxer. I wax EVERYTHING when given the opportunity. I HATE HATE HATE shaving.

*on with the blog*
So of course the first thing I do when I feel an ingrown hair is sqeeze. Holy mother of jesus that thing exploded. I grumble a couple of curse words, do to the bathroom and finally turn on a light wipe my hands and look and the thing when I notice how large the area is.

"it's not a lump, it's probably an inflamed lymph nodule" i say to myself so I don't freak out.

I decide to sleep it off.

The next morning my "lump" is larger. Still hoping it's an inflammed lymphatic,
i sqeeze again.

I've repeated this every morning for the past couple of days.

The lump hasn't gone away, and nothing is coming out of it anymore.

Yesterday I begin to freak a little. My mother, my aunts, my grandmother, all have had a run in with cancer. I begin to take my genetics into consideration as i try to examine the ingrown hair from hell. Self diagnosis is a bitch.

Last night i applied antibiotic the area the ingrown hair had been (now pretty much gone) I picked off the scab (basically dug a new whole) and dumped bactine all over that sucker.

This morning the lump is smaller. I figure it's still an inflammed lymph nodule and decide my current treatment is working.

we'll see... i'm giving it another week before i might freak again and try to get a ticket to the states for a check up.

eek!

6 comments:

PinkBunny said...

You don't get medical coverage as a student? It sounds nasty!

I saw a guy with a spider bite from Hell once... sounds like the endless popping goo thing as well.

Eeek. I don't like the gooey stuff. (I don't know the correct medical term for gooey stuff.)

*tangenting onto your tangent*
I've never tried waxing. I'm afraid of the pain. How bad is it?

Galactichero said...

I get that sort of thing all the time... Then again, I'm so furry all the hair on my body connects, and I get a 5:00 shadow by 8 am.

Nic said...

my lump isn't getting smaller anymore... i'm a little worried again.

dammit antigua!

Galactichero said...

I would like to have something nice to say, but, at the moment, I don't.

This week has sucked. This weekend will suck even more. Yay.

Nic said...

the lump got smaller...

it's like a freakin yo yo

Galactichero said...

yer a freakin yo yo