Friday, October 27, 2006

Bad omens?

It was a dark and stormy night... well, atleast it felt like it when

MY COMPUTER CRASHED!!!
*dramatic scary music inserted here*

The horror!!!

I was minding my business, procrastinating (just a little) with the usual myspace, gmail, and etc when *PEERRWWN* <~~ that was the sound my computer made when it DIED!!!

I luckily got it to turn back on long enough to back up inportant things such as pictures and class notes - and a few really cool programs before *PEERWWWN* blank screen. death.

I of course freak out, and luckily my friend's little sister from back home was visiting, and I decided very hastily that I refuse to be on this island without my laptop, and sent it home with her so the nice people at circuit city could fullfill their warrently requirements. Here I insert the bad omens:

1. I call my mother:
"Mom."
"WHAT'S WRONG" in the overly dramatic I'm your mother worried voice
"My computer died, I'm sending it home"
"oh thank god"
"WHAT?!"
"No, I just had this horrible nightmare about you and thought something had happened"
"huh? - nightmare?"
"just be careful"

- ok, so I believe a little in dreams and signs and etc. Don't judge me - there have been some weird things that've happened, even this semester that I may or may not feel like blogging.

2. my roomate drops almost every single thing she touches.
- she is normally a very very organized and... un-clumsy (i made it up, carry on) person, and the fact that dropping things is a bad omen in my culture and means someone is thinking ill of you is no better. This comes to my attention right after my mother tells me she has horrible dreams about me and was worried about me.
- my roomate's computer also crashes, and she drops her really cool cell phone into (get this) a glass of coke.
HOW DO YOU DROP A PHONE INTO AN ITTY BITTY GLASS OF COKE!?

- anyway, not that important, but another little notch in my every growing superstitious mind

and finally:
3. TB calls me at 4 in the morning. Not only is this odd because he never calls me, it's odd because we just broke up, he doesn't believe in superstition bs, and because even while dating he never called from a land line or phone, just internet phone or calling cards:
*groggy* hewwow?"
"Nic?"
"yeah"
"you ok?"
"yeah"
"you asleep? sorry i didn't realize it was 4"
"It's ok"
"I had a horrible nightmare about you and wanted to make sure you were ok"
"nightmare what?!" *WIDE AWAKE*
"sorry, it was a really bad nightmare, I just wanted to make sure you were ok"
"that's fine"
"how've you been?"
"I think I'm going to die"

and there it is. I think I'm going to die.


DIE DIE DIE

everyone's having bad dreams about me, my roomate is dropping shit, and not to mention one of my friends recently woke up with a local hovering over her bed while his homey's stole her computer, books, ipod, and other digital expensive items. (this goes along with that other blog that i might or might not write where i dreamed this occurance the night before)

I'm going to die.

peace out

6 comments:

Galactichero said...

I like to believe that everything is about me, so I choose to interpret all of your warnings to be intended for you to pass on to me. Next time, try to blog sooner, so I can be prepared for the worst.

Seriously, you're suffering from confirmation bias. If bad things hadn't followed all of these portents, you would have forgotten about them.

My ex firm just sent me the new combination for the locks... which they changed because I no longer work there. I had to point out to them that I got that email. They blanked my blackberry now. wah.

Caro said...

just don't die. please.

perhaps a pepper spray purchase?

king of lame. it's all i've got. but if it makes you feel better, now i feel like i'm gonna die too...just cause i read your post.

it never ends.

PinkBunny said...

I read that dreaming bad things about people just reflects on your own problems in life. So, I don't think people dreaming about you is neccessarily about you. Therefore, you're not going to die, Nic.

Galactichero said...

If you do, can I have your stuff?

Nic said...

you stuff includes debt, you sure you wanna make that offer?

Galactichero said...

Can I ever be sure without complete information?